Wednesday 15 April 2009

Epilogue

I admit to having ‘dropped the ball’ a bit on University – A Blog In 12 Parts. OK, maybe a lot; maybe I totally lost sight of where it was going at one point or another…
To begin with I couldn’t write about uni because it was all happening to me so very fast. Then when things did slow down enough I began typing into my phone at every opportunity with renewed fervour. As the little pieces began to flood in, the task of sorting through them became an increasingly daunting one. I was not able to match that passion I once felt for the moment; at home in my dark, dank little room, trying to piece it all together. Things turned awful and dramatic for me over the course of this blog, and I was not able to recapture the feelings or avoid looking at them from the distant perspective I have now acquired. I am up to my neck, my lips, my nose; barely able to breathe for the blog drafts crowding my consciousness. Old things were being put down and requiring attention while new things were coming in twice as fast. University ended up taking 6 months to write. I learnt a lot. I dealt with everything. I got over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment